Sunday, August 2, 2009

Visual C++ Programmers, I really, really need your help... please...?

In my current program development, I am currently assigned to fix a bug where when user closes an application (Window), it will display a messagebox with 3 buttons namely debug, Send Error Report and Don't Send. In my previous solutions, I used TerminateProcess, TerminateThread and Navigate2("about:blank"). TerminateProcess works well but the activeX control inside the application is not closed properly, though I have terminated the application (e.g. application is no longer available in task manager) but in my test page, OCX is still running... :(


What makes the problem worst is that the application does not have an OCX embedded (Microsoft Internet Browser), therefore I cannot create an object to it. But what contains my application are running OCX embedded from a dll and javascript programs that are separated from the application I am working... So in other words, I open the application using browser, it will terminate OCX and application properly but if application, OCX is not ...

Visual C++ Programmers, I really, really need your help... please...?
It sounds like you're embedding the OCX in some type of IE framework. You have to close IE gracefully. Have you tried sending the IE window a WM_CLOSE message?


No comments:

Post a Comment