Thursday, July 30, 2009

C++ database connection problem?

Ive made a program using ODBC it works fine on my pc, but the problem is i cant configure how to connect my database on other pc.... Its not a good idea to configure the DATA SOURCE in the control panel in other pc cause its a project and it would be 50%(F) in my grade. I know that ODBC uses a data source in your pc, but is there any way that i can configure it to other computers without configuring in the control panel?... I made my program using microsoft visual c++ 6.0 and my database is microsoft access 2003, Ive planed using ADO and it compiled well but when i run the program, there's an error, i dont have time in finding the errors in the ADO program i used... so i stick with the ODBC in case theres a way in solving it

C++ database connection problem?
If you mean, you have been using data source names (DSN) to connect to ODBC databases, and you don't want to have to do that any more, so long as your connection string always calls the same path to the same database, and the database always resides in the same directory, regardless of computer, then a single connection string should work for all installs.





http://www.connectionstrings.com/?carrie...

flowers on line

No comments:

Post a Comment