Tuesday, July 28, 2009

I bought Microsoft Visual Studio! I need to write some C code and it doesn't have the option! Only C ++ and up

How can I make a C project or give me some free command line C compilers! I hate dev-c++, I do not want it!

I bought Microsoft Visual Studio! I need to write some C code and it doesn't have the option! Only C ++ and up
In visual studio.net the /TC switch passed to the compiler will have it compile as C code. If you made a C++ project but used C code and headers there should be no problem either.


To set this hit the Project menu, go to Projectname Properties, under Configuration Properties, expand the C/C++ branch, and under advanced the top option is Compile As
Reply:Drew010 above is correct, but I also believe that if you populate your project only with .c source files (no .cpp), they will invoke the c compiler only. Of course, use only legal c headers.


No comments:

Post a Comment