Thursday, July 30, 2009

Help calling Borland C++ based API from MSV C++?

I am trying to call a Borland C++ based API from a Microsoft Visual C++ application via a dll from the Borland Code. I am not having much luck. Are there any common errors or mistakes that could cause this? I know it is possible, but for some reason I am struggling to make it work. Thank you in advance for help.

Help calling Borland C++ based API from MSV C++?
Given your absolute lack of details, it’s impossible to diagnose your problem. However, I will point out some obstacles in what you want to do. The first is that you are trying to use a dll for use with borland linker with VC++. I don’t know if the BC++ linker emulates VC++, but if it doesn’t, you will have trouble directly using it. Any fixes are going to be ugly, which probably involving figuring out the mangled names to use for the import definitions.





The second obstacle is dll dependencies. You are working with the VC++ runtime, so if the borland dll requires additional borland components like their runtime, you now have a problem.


No comments:

Post a Comment