Thursday, July 30, 2009

Microsoft visual studio 2008 - publishing question?

I am teaching myself some C# using microsoft visual studio 2008. I am currently working on a simple software program that I created and I want to publish it in order to install on different machines.





Now I am been playing with the "Publish" option in order to create an installation folder/setup. One thing I cannot find is an option for the user to select where they want to install the program at. The only thing I found was for me to set it.





So, my question is, is there a way for the installation directory to be dynamically defined instead of static?





Thank you!

Microsoft visual studio 2008 - publishing question?
You can define it for web apps, but not for regular apps. Also, depending on which version you are using, it may not let you publish to anything other than a virtual directory off the "main" site.

flamingo plant

No comments:

Post a Comment