Thursday, July 30, 2009

I have downloaded latest version of Microsoft Direct x 9 SDK,can I use it with Visual C++ to compile programs?

I want to know whether Visual Studio 6 is sufficient to work with DX9 SDK or Do I need to have VB.NET.I want to compile %26amp; run simple Pixel and Vertex shading programs.I have got a supported GPU for pixel and vertex shading.

I have downloaded latest version of Microsoft Direct x 9 SDK,can I use it with Visual C++ to compile programs?
The directX SDK is a native library and most use C++ to code against it so yes. You can use COMinterop to use .NET and it's pretty good for the non-chatty interfaces (their might even be a publilshed .NET wrapper). But abosolutely you can use VS6 and C++.
Reply:Visual Studio 6 is fine, C++ will be the fastest executing language for this task. Or you can use .Net, DirectX now provide MDX, a managed directX that you can use from a .Net language (like C# or VB.Net). Or there's XNA, the latest .Net DirectX wrapper.


No comments:

Post a Comment